Delivered in partnership with the University of Southampton Music Department
Could you be our next Future Producers?
Calling all University of Southampton Music Students!
Would you like to gain practical skills and experience in programming and producing music events?
We are looking for a group of University of Southampton Music students to work together to programme and produce two concerts in spring 2024.
We would love to hear from groups of students who are passionate about platforming diverse artists and music styles. It’s a chance to be playful and present live music in different ways to attract new audiences to Turner Sims.
Have you got innovative ideas you’d like to try in a first-class venue, supported by a team of music professionals?
The Future Producers will gain:
- Payment for the agreed contact hours on the project.
- Budget to spend on artist fees for your concerts
- Training and mentoring from Turner Sims and University of Southampton Department of Music staff
- New skills in programming, producing, artist liaison, marketing, production and event management.
Who can Apply?
This opportunity is open to applications from groups of 2 to 4 UoS Music Students.
As a group, together you will be:
- Passionate about live music
- Excited to find and present artists from Southampton and beyond
- Keen to share your love of music with audiences
- Eager to work with others in a team
- Creative thinkers and problem solvers
- Looking for a new challenge
- Ready to develop your music industry skills by working in a professional venue
- Able to commit to attending sessions every two weeks from January – April 2024
We are keen to receive applications from students with a wide range of lived experiences. This includes individuals from the Global Majority and/or LGBTQIA+ communities, or those who are disabled, D/deaf, neurodiverse, experience mental illness or are care experienced.
We are committed to removing barriers that would prevent people from participating in this opportunity. If you require access support, we will work with you to understand your needs and put support in place to enable you to get the most out of this project.
Programme outline and commitment:
- 2-hour group session every two weeks, from January – April
- Some independent planning required between sessions
- Attendance at the concerts
- Attendance at group sessions will all be paid at an hourly rate
Please complete this application form to apply Sunday 10 December. We are looking for applications from groups of 2-4 students. Each student needs to fill in an application form and you will need a group name, so that we can collate your individual forms together.
If you have any questions about Future Producers please contact firstname.lastname@example.org