Side-by-side With SÓn
SUNDAY 29 SEPTEMBER - 10:30 AM
CALLING ALL STRING PLAYERS! Our special guest orchestra is growing – we are now accepting applications from string players only. All other spaces are now filled.
ORCHESTRA EXPERIENCE DAY IN AID OF WESSEX CANCER TRUST
SÓN Orchestra principal players
Turner Sims Orchestra in Association
Robin Browning Conductor
Spend a day sitting alongside the versatile professional musicians of SÓN under the inspiring direction of conductor Robin Browning, culminating in an informal performance with proceeds going to Wessex Cancer Trust, Turner Sims Community Partner. A great chance to dust off your instrument and perform music such as the Radetzky March and Swan Lake on the Turner Sims stage, plus other popular classics which *participants will be able to vote for prior to the event. Whether you’re a budding virtuoso, dedicated amateur player or passionate music-lover, Side-by-side with SÓN offers an immersive musical experience for all, in a relaxed and welcoming environment.
The day also includes Test drive an orchestra – your chance to bid online to conduct the musicians, choosing from selected repertoire, complete with mentoring from Robin Browning beforehand.
- We are now accepting applications from string players only. All other spaces are now filled.
- 10.30am – 5.30pm, including an informal public performance at 4.30pm
- Suitable for players of standard orchestral instruments approx grade 6 and above
- Young musicians ages 12 and above are welcome, if accompanied throughout by an adult
- Please bring a packed lunch
*Once you have bought your ticket to participate, please fill in this form so that we know more about you and what you play! (You will need your booking reference number).